Turtlebox Audio is a dynamic and innovative company specializing in rugged outdoor audio solutions. If you’re an individual that thrives on human connection and has a passion for outdoor adventures, we want to hear from you.
The Territory Sales Manager plays a critical role in growing Turtlebox’s wholesale business. Acting as the face of the brand to our retail customers, it’s your job to spread positive, exciting energy to our dealers while making sure they always have the tools & materials they need to efficiently sell more Turtlebox products. This is a field-based position and you’ll be required to travel 80-85% of the time. If you enjoy long drives, gas station coffee & small town America you’ll be a natural fit. While you tend to the existing dealer base, you are also responsible for identifying prospective wholesale accounts and converting them into authorized Turtlebox dealers while servicing all existing accounts in the territory. This can be as simple as walking into a new shop, pairing two speakers together and cranking the dial up on Pink Floyd’s “ Money”, then you tell them it’s 100% waterproof and the conversation starts.
You’ll hit the road every week and work your territory by meeting with existing customers, and continuing to prospect new accounts. You will be responsible for a new door quota as well as a territory sales goal. Your mission is to constantly serve our customers with excellence, resulting in stronger relationships and wholesale revenue growth for Turtlebox. You are action and growth-oriented, and you embody our brand values in all that you do.
HQ is located in Houston, Texas and we’re proud of the culture we have built here. Slow hours and Friday afternoons at the office might include a ping pong tournament or 9 holes on the golf simulator, with plenty of opportunity to get outdoors with the crew through out the year. For as hard as we work, we are never to busy to have a little fun. This position reports directly to the Director of Wholesale and is an active contributor to the greater Turtlebox team.
- Deeply understanding the Turtlebox product line and how it addresses the unique challenges of Turtlebox’s target customers.
- Build and execute a territory zone plan and stick to it. Visit all of your customers, in- person, regularly to ensure account growth and increased sales for the brand. You are a road warrior.
- Leverage tools the available to you (google search etc.) to identify prospect accounts and build detailed, weekly call lists that will help you hit your KPIs.
- Make a minimum of 25 quality calls per week. A quality call is an in-person visit resulting in an order.
- Assess prospective customer’s current and potential needs, determining appropriate Turtlebox products and solutions for that retailer. Learn the ins & outs of retail merchandising and help your dealers sell through their Turtlebox inventory.
- Hosting dealer training in-store. Getting the staff excited about Turtlebox an knowledgeable about the product so they can position and sell it.
- Own your territory as a business. It is your job to grow the door count by finding quality retail partners for Turtlebox. You will be the first point of contact and need to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Work with all aspects of the Turtlebox team to adequately support wholesale account events, point of purchase materials, customer/store events, trade-shows and more.
- Keep detailed records of all prospecting and sales activity.
- Manage an expense account and budget.
- Proven experience in Sales. Not order taking. Convincing people to buy things kind of SALES!
- Live the brand promise.
- 2+ year of outbound sales, field-based sales.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive, driven, curious, and have a burning desire to impact others.
- Great at asking open ended questions. You are curious and you care.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize high volume of accounts to generate meetings.
- An action-oriented mindset that stops at nothing to get things done and take care of the customer!
- SPEED & URGENCY
- A love of providing value to our customers and doing what is right for them all the time.
- O.K with a ton of travel. You know how to make the most out of your time on the road and when you are at home.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Key sales position with room for career advancement at a company focused on professional growth and development.
- Compensation $75k base + quarterly bonus tied to revenue plan (total attainable $125k+ annual at plan).
- Insurance: health, dental, and vision.