Turtlebox Audio is a dynamic and innovative company specializing in rugged outdoor audio solutions. If you’re an individual that thrives on human connection and has a passion for outdoor adventures, we want to hear from you.
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) plays a critical role in growing Turtlebox’s wholesale business, acting as the voice of Turtlebox to our wholesale and DTC customers. It’s your job to ensure customers have what they need. This is an office-based position requiring some travel, as needed, to support sales events such as industry trade shows. The ISR is responsible for identifying & opening prospective wholesale accounts, servicing existing wholesale accounts within a designated territory, and supporting a 1-3 field based territory sales managers.
As a ISR you will be ground control for our field based sales team and our dealers. You will spend a portion of your week launching cold calls into orbit around areas in the U.S. that do not have a Turtlebox sales rep. Your mission is to spread the word of Turtlebox to new potential retailers, maintain communication between HQ and current accounts and actively assist our TSMs in the field. Partnered with 1-3 Territory Sales Managers, you will ensure accounts have everything they need to be successful. You are action and growth-oriented, and you embody our brand values in all that you do.
HQ is located in Houston, Texas and we’re proud of the culture we have built here. Slow hours and Friday afternoons at the office might include a ping pong tournament or 9 holes on the golf simulator, with plenty of opportunity to get outdoors with the crew through out the year. For as hard as we work, we are never to busy to have a little fun.
This position reports directly to the Director of Wholesale and is an active contributor to the greater Turtlebox team.
- Deeply understanding the Turtlebox product line and how it addresses the unique challenges of Turtlebox’s target customers.
- Build and execute a territory zone plan and stick to it. Contact all of your customers, phone and email, regularly to ensure account growth and increased sales for the brand.
- Leverage tools available to you (google search etc.) to identify prospect accounts and build detailed, weekly call lists that will help you hit your KPIs.
- Make a minimum of 100 outbound calls per week. A quality call is a call made to a retailer resulting in an order.
- Assess prospective customer’s current and potential needs, determining appropriate Turtlebox products and solutions for that retailer. Learn the ins & outs of retail merchandising and help your dealers sell-thru their Turtlebox inventory.
- Maintain excellent records for all inbound/outbound interactions. You are highly organized.
- Own your territory as a business. It is your job to grow the door count by finding quality retail partners for Turtlebox. You will be the first point of contact and need to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Work with all aspects of the Turtlebox team to adequately support wholesale account events, point of purchase materials, customer/store events, tradeshows and more.
- Work well with every department to keep things moving.
- Cold calling outbound sales experience is a plus!
- Live the brand promise every day.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive, driven, curious, and have a burning desire to impact others.
- Great at asking open ended questions. You are curious and you care.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize high volume of accounts to generate meetings.
- An action-oriented mindset that stops at nothing to get things done and take care of the customer!
- SPEED & URGENCY
- A love of providing value to our customers and doing what is right for them all the time.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Key sales position with room for career advancement at a company focused on professional growth and development.
- Compensation $50-55k base + quarterly bonus tied to revenue plan (total attainable $65-75k+ annual at plan).
- Insurance: health, dental, and vision.